Pages

15 April 2014

Parkour in the Cherry Blossoms!

Week 61
Photo Credit: Peter Waterman.
It's cherry blossom season in DC! They're almost gone now but they were out in full bloom this weekend. Like any normal DC residents, me and a bunch of my friends went down to the monuments on Sunday to enjoy the scenery... and do parkour.

We went at 7am and it was already so crowded that parking was hard to find. I was both shocked and impressed that so many tourists were awake that early on a Sunday morning. But to be fair, it was absolutely gorgeous in the morning light.

Starting at the FDR Memorial, we made our way around the tidal basin through the blossoms and masses of tourists. It was just me and a few of the parkour guys, jumping around while P took photographs. I felt a little self-conscious because the guys were doing all these cool flips and impressive jumps, and I was just like hey, guys... I can balance on this pointy rock over here... Okay, fine I can do cool things too but I think between the tourists watching and the guys doing big things, I just felt a little shy. One of the only times I'll ever use the word shy to describe myself! But those moments of shyness were fleeting and I still had a blast :) It was so beautiful outside and it was great to just jump around with my friends.

I love that this is what we do for fun. Hey guys, want to go jump around in the cherry blossoms and take awesome photos? Umm, yes. Yes, I do. Here are a handful of shots from the day, all taken by our amazingly talented photographer friend, Pete. See the full album here.

Rail Plank
Photo Credit: Peter Waterman.
Flying through the cherry blossoms!
Photo Credit: Peter Waterman.

Handstands. What else is new?
Photo Credit: Peter Waterman.

He put the camera right under my face while I was handstand-ing. Very hard to keep a straight face.
Photo Credit: Peter Waterman.

No comments:

Post a Comment