Pages

18 January 2014

The Girls in the Neon Tanks

How we hold our meetings at APK. Thanks for the pic, Ryland!
It's officially winter so we had our January Meetup inside rather than our usual location in the park. APK was gracious enough to let us use the gym for a couple of hours which means we got to play with all of the sweet equipment APK Academy has to offer. We focused on climbing, wall runs, balance, and swinging to take advantage of the gym equipment. It's a little nicer to be inside sometimes, especially for beginners, because the surfaces are softer on the hands, and the bars are built for us to play on. At the park, you have to be much more careful about checking your surfaces!

We had about 14 girls this time including a few new ones which was great! We listened to Pandora's "80s Cardio" station and had tons of fun learning wall runs, cats, and how to swing and balance on the bars. Most of the girls were able to get on top of the box by the end of the Meetup which is amazing. I love seeing their faces when they get on top. It's usually something along the lines of Holy S#%$! I just did that! It reminds me why we do this every month.

After the Meetup, we stayed to play for a little bit. I got some conditioning in and did some bar work and climbing. It felt so good to get back into the swing of things (see what I did there?), but my hands felt so raw the next day. If I don't train on rough surfaces enough, I start to get soft (so punny today...) and my hands get all ripped up when I start climbing around again. Anyways, I enjoyed my time to play and train, and I felt very accomplished for the day between the meetup and my own workout. Plus I always feel great after spending the afternoon with such an awesome group of women.

A belated picture of our Christmas gifts! Neon APK tanks :)

No comments:

Post a Comment