Pages

12 July 2014

Traveling Ninja: First Week in France

As some of you know, I recently moved to France for six months. Conveniently and by pure coincidence... I chose to study abroad in the birthplace of parkour. I haven't done nearly enough exploring since I got here but then again, I have six months so I'm not too worried about it.

I spent last weekend in Provence with my family which meant an opportunity for natural training! We went for a run through the forest and came across an old abandoned house by the river. My cousins went to jump in the river and sit by the rocks but my first instinct (thank you, parkour goggles) was to explore the house and see what I could climb on.



I stayed close to the ground for my cousin's sake. They're not used to being around ninjas and I didn't want them to worry too much. But I got enough exploring in jumping around inside and climbing over a few old walls. After a little while I joined my cousins on the rocks and worked on some jumping and climbing. No, I can't just sit on the rocks and enjoy the sun.

Later in the week, I was getting restless in the city and decided to get up early one morning to explore a spot by the river.

My new playground :)
The spot was perfect, especially in the morning because there was almost no one around. It was beautiful by the river and there are tons of things to jump around on. I only had about 30 minutes to play because I had to go to class but hopefully I'll make it back ASAP to do some more exploring. I also know there's a huge park across the river from me that is great for training but I haven't made it out there yet. Hopefully soon. So many things to explore!

No comments:

Post a Comment