Pages

10 April 2013

New Goal: Back Tuck Burpees

I know I said parkour wasn't about flipping around, but being in the gym with all of the gymnastics-related equipment has made me crave a little tumbling action.  I've been itching to see if I can still do a standing tuck and then I saw a video of someone doing backflip burpees (because normal burpees aren't tiring enough for some people).  I couldn't find the original video I watched but here's the basic idea:

Courtesy of Youtube

Insane, right? Naturally, I see my next challenge forming... but first I have to see if I can still do a standing tuck before I can do tuck burpees.  I've always hated saying backflip because there's so many different ways you can flip backwards, and you can do all of those ways running or standing.  So I'm going to call them back tuck burpees when I get them.  Which I will.  I don't know when, but it will happen.

In other news, my hand is not broken! Just in a lot of pain for a few days.. hopefully I'll be back to training tomorrow or Thursday.

No comments:

Post a Comment